Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Learn to be grateful.

I decided to sleep early for the last two nights. But it seems like the earlier I go to bed, the more I'll feel tired. Nevermind, I think I'll try sleeping early for a few more nights. Heh. :D Anyway, yesterday was a "Xiaoying being hardworking" day. Taught my lifesaving class in the morning. Then brought Huabin along to earn some bucks. Lol, we sat in an air-conditioned room, slotting hamper catalogs into plastic envelopes for 3 whole hours. Easy peasy, but I realised I had cuts on my fingers after that. After that, we attended an SLSS Workshop – Induction on Aquatic Activities for People with Special Disabilities - with Mr Kwa. Saw quite a lot of familiar faces (Examiners, lifeguards, my Swim Team teacher.. ><) & I was just wondering, are these people with special disabilities considered a less privileged group of people or people like you & me, the TABs "Temporarily-Abled Bodies"? They may have some disabilities, physically or mentally, but are we really more privileged than them in that sense? Maybe not. Maybe we are the less privileged bunch of people instead. People with visual disabilities are deprived from the colours we see around us, the simple yet beautiful things we're able to see. But how many of us actually appreciate what we have & what we are able to take in with our eyes? We are able to witness the beauty of Nature, sunrises, sunsets, how the trees sway in the wind, how the waves roll in gently onto the shore, but very few of us actually spend time appreciating these beautiful sights & appreciating the fact that we are blessed with eyes that allow us to be able to see the faces of our loved ones. & I was super amazed by how people with polio can sit & throw a rope properly when some of us can't even throw a rope properly even though we are able to stand. & this strikes me about how we are seldom grateful for what we have. Are you guilty of complaining that you're too fat, that your elephant thighs are simply too thick & ugly? I am. >< But right now, I'm really glad that I can walk, run, jump, swim & do many many other stuffs with my legs. I can't imagine what I would be like without my legs. Without my legs, my medals would be non-existent. So why am I still complaining so much during trainings? I should really start to learn to be grateful for what I have. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home